It is important that students experience success in school. The purpose of our admissions policy is to ensure that all students accepted will be able to cope with the IB Programme. Therefore, all applicants must meet the academic criteria for the proposed year of entry.
Our admissions process encourages open communication between the school and the family. We want parents to understand what we offer and expect of our students, and what we stand for as a school. In turn, we want to learn all we can about your son or daughter and your expectations in order to determine if BHS is likely to meet their needs. When the match between the family and the school is a good one, the result is a strong, trusting partnership that will work to your child's advantage as they learn and develop.
The following documents are required from all applicants:
- A completed BHS IB application form (non-refundable $75 application fee)
- A copy of the applicant’s last two report cards including the most recent
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate or passport
- A copy of the applicant’s Entry/Re-entry Permit from the Bermuda Department of Immigration, if applicable
- Full disclosure of all relevant information pertaining to the applicant’s physical, mental and emotional state and any psycho-educational assessments, diagnoses of learning disabilities and/or learning related issues and provision of all relevant documentation in its entirety. Failure to do so may result in a future place offer being revoked.
Applicants may be required to sit subject placement tests in English, Mathematics and Science. All applicants and their parents will be invited for an interview. Parents of all applicants will be advised of the final admission decision by email, following this meeting. Financial aid is available and will be considered upon application.
All place offers are made following the above.